Have you ever heard about organic traffic? What about Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? Do you know that Pay-Per-Click (PPC) can bring you immediate results? Read this article to know more.
What makes a website alive?
Awesome content? Not at all. Even the best articles or videos can do nothing for your website if no one reads it.
Great design? Maybe, but this point has the same problem as the previous one. The great design of your website can be an advantage, but you should take care of brand awareness.
One of your primary targets as a website owner is to make an opportunity for Internet users to go to your website. Any doubts and content of your website should be valuable for them, but the traffic is what makes any website alive.
If you have no idea how to increase the traffic of your website, to help your great content be shown, read this article and find a few ways to do it.
What is SEO?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. SEO helps your website to attract more users, but in what way? SEO has a list of rules. Only a part of these rules is known to a broad audience. When you try to follow these rules, your website moves higher on search results. This way, your website can see more people.
SEO involves using keywords, work on page speed, share links to friendly websites, make good meta, etc. The keyword is the simplest way to say to the search engine what is the main topic of your website, and you should know how to use the keyword search in the right way. The position of your website in the search result will depend on it. And this point directly impacts on conversion.
But there are a few annoying limitations in this approach. The weakest point of Search Engine Optimization is you try to play the game without a clear understanding of all rules. Every time you should guess what is right for your website and what is not. And the funniest thing is you won’t know what has done the trick.
You can track the consequences of some actions according to statistics, but you will never be sure that only that particular action influences.
As you found out, Search Engine Optimization is a powerful tool for promoting your website on the Internet, but at the same time, it has its limits.
So, does that possible to fill this gap?
What is PPC?
PPC stands for pay-per-click. This is another way to pay users’ attention to your website. All you need to do is to pay your publisher whenever someone clicks on your ad. This is it. Could it be simpler? I don’t think so.
Who can be your publishers? The most famous publishers are Google and Facebook. Only you can decide whom to give preference. Frankly speaking, it doesn’t matter, because both of them are so huge and well-known that whatever you’d choose, you will still benefit from it. And it sounds like good news, isn’t it?
Get your ticket to the digital battle: SEO vs. PPC
Take your sits. Soon you will witness an unprecedented battle. You will learn the truth about SEO and PPC. Only you can determine the winner. But no matter which side you are on, remember that you can ask our experts to support your project any time you want.
Search Engine Optimization has a lot of advantages but also has its limits. Sometimes the work process of a search engine is unpredictable. Anyway, there are a lot of experienced marketers who prefer to choose Search Engine Optimization than PPC. Here we are going to have a look at Search Engine Optimization and compare it to PPC. You will see the most common advantages and limits, both SEO and PPC. There is enough information about the search engine to figure out how it works in bate outlines.
- Do you know the number of Internet users that ignore pre-paid ads in search results? There is more than 80%. You can think that you can fool search engines, but it doesn’t mean you can fool millions of users. So, why do you need to pay for service which is likely to be ignored? And what about you? Do you ignore such ads or prefer to click on it? Be honest answering this question, because it can help you to make a decision;
- Organic links are the most effective digital marketing channel. But don’t expect too much for the search engine. Provoke it to achieve your goals. Such a traffic channel as organic search beats social media by 300%. This is a fantastic indicator of SEO, that means only one thing. This approach is worth to be tried;
- More than 35% recognized pre-paid links and made it a rule not to click on them. This is another advantage of SEO over PPC;
- SEO will help you to get your traffic more naturally. Users trust more to ordinary links on the top of search result than pre-paid once;
- HubSpot’s co-founder, Brian Halligan, thinks that organic traffic is our future. He has chosen SEO over PPC. Does it mean that you no need to spend time on pre-paid ads? Maybe it is, but who knows. You should choose only an approach that will work for you. Try both of them to compare it. But if your budget is limited or you simply have not enough time for such an experiment, they just read this article to the end because we have a little more valuable information for you.
You have read about a few examples of SEO, and now you are going to see a few examples of PPC.
- Statistic says that you should spend in the neighborhood of $1.60 to make $3. And this is a pretty good indicator. At least this cost for PPC is much lower than the price of SEO;
- Hmmm… There is a question for you. Do you use AdBlock as an advertiser? Probably not, because you should check your ads. But have you used AdBlock as a user? According to statistic AdBlock use about 615 million users. This is a crazy number that means 615 million users just won’t be able to see your ad no matter how much you paid for it. The number of people who prefer to use AdBlock on their devices is growing up every year. Nothing portends the fall of the popularity of AdBlock. Does it make PPC useless? Not at all. But does it make SEO more profitable? Maybe;
- Despite AdBlock, PPC can still increase awareness of your brand by up to 80%. This is a great result. So, if you got some doubts use PPC or not only because of influence AdBlock, don’t rush to draw a contrary conclusion. Search Engine Optimization also can do the same, but it will take more time and patience;
- A significant advantage of PPC is that any changes in Googles algorithm can’t influence it. As we know, Google changed its algorithm more than 3.000 times only in 2018. It’s crazy but true. And if you use PPC, you have an immune to such changes. And you will probably have some problems if you use SEO even if you think that you have a perfect search engine marketing strategy;
- Also, statistic shows that 63% of Internet users would click on such an ad. And these ad helps 75% of users to find what they look for. It means that PPC is a useful approach not only for website owner but also for a customer. And this point is the most valuable advantage.
Search Engine Optimization or Pay-Per-Click? Only you decide who is the winner of this battle and what method deserves to provide your product.
Sometimes it’s not easy to decide what is better for your business and especially when you should choose between SEO and PPC. Even good advice couldn’t help you to make a decision. But if it’s so, then just wait a little bit. Maybe you need to learn more facts about this topic. But be sure that the process of looking for an answer hasn’t turned to your destination, because it’s only the beginning of your big trip called ‘successful business.’